KAZAKHSTAN ELECTRICITY GRID OPERATING COMPANY KEGOC JSC
Joint Stock Company «Kazakhstan Electricity Grid Operating Company KEGOC» (further KEGOC) has been established according to Government Resolution of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 1188 dated 28 September 1996 «On certain measures for restructuring of Kazakhstan power system management».
Date of initial state registration is 11 July 1997.
Address: 37, Beibitshilik Ave., Saryarka district, Astana 010000, Republic of Kazakhstan.
"On measures for realization of the President Decree of the republic of Kazakhstan No. 50 dated 28 January 2006", the state share holding of "KEGOC" JSC have been passed to the paying up of placed shares of "Kazakhstan Holding Company on state assets management "Samruk" JSC.
Pursuant to the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Electric Power", Government Regulation of the Republic of Kazakhstan N 190 dated 18 February 2004 "On measures for further development of market relations in electric power of the Republic of Kazakhstan", Order of Minister of Energy and Natural Resources N 198 dated 27 August 2004 KEGOC JSC has been appointed the System Operator of the Unified Power System of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter — UPS of Kazakhstan), and its main task is to maintain steady operation of UPS of Kazakhstan and reliable control of the National Power Grid pursuant to current engineering, economic and ecological requirements within the government policy.
Vision – By 2025 KEGOC will become a world-class Company and the regional centre of competence in the power industry.
JSC, being the System Operator of the Unified Power System of the Republic of Kazakhstan, carries out the following kinds of activity:
- Provide subjects of the wholesale electricity market with services in electricity transmission via National Power Grid according to the Agreement, providing its technical maintenance and keeping of its operational availability;
- Provide subjects of the wholesale electricity market with services in technical dispatching by the centralized operative-dispatching management of operating mode of the Unified Power System of the Republic of Kazakhstan according to the Agreement, including the drawing up of actual statements and forming of 24 hours’ schedule of electricity generation-consumption;
- Provide performance reliability of the Unified Power System of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Provide subjects of the wholesale electricity market with services in electric power regulation and redundancy, organizing of balancing of electricity generation and consumption;
- Provide subjects of the wholesale electricity market with services in physical regulation of disbalance in electric power;
- Realize subsequent financial regulation of disbalance in electric power in the order, established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Acquire from the subjects of the wholesale electricity market auxiliary services to provide the readiness of necessary volumes and structure of operative reserves of electric power, regulation of active reactive power, on launching of power system from the de-energized state;
- Realize organization of real time functioning of balancing wholesale electricity market and system and auxiliary services market;
- Interact with power systems of the adjacent states in management and maintenance of stability of parallel work modes;
- Realize technical and methodical management in creation of the Unified Information System, the automated system of the commercial account of electric power, the connected relay protection devices and anti-damage automatics of all subjects of electricity wholesale market;
- Provide equal conditions access to the National Power Grid for subjects of electricity wholesale market;
- Provide the participants of the wholesale market of electric power of the Republic of Kazakhstan with the information which is not touching data, being the commercial and other secret protected by the Law;
- Coordinate lead out to repair of the primary equipment of electric power stations, substations, electricity transmission lines, relay protection devices and anti-damage automatics, systems of technological management and maintenance of their availability for service;
- Participate in modes’ development of hydroelectric power stations’ operation in view of their water-economic balances and operation modes of the Unified Power System of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Realize development of long-term forecasting balances of electric power;
- Realize purchase and sale of electric power for technological and industrial needs, for maintenance of contractual values of electricity overflows with power systems of the adjacent states, and also at occurrence of disbalances, uncovered with balancing electricity market with a view of maintenance of normative frequency of electric current in the Unified Power System of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
At present KEGOC JSC has the following licences to practise:
1) State licence No. 0001816 dated 7 September 2006 to practise works (services) in the sphere of architectural, urban planning and construction activity (grantor of the licence – Administration of the State Architectural Construction Control of Astana, validity period – general);
2) No. 000495 dated 13 July 2009 to practise the procurement of electrical energy for power supply purposes (grantor of the licence – AREM, validity period – general);
3) Series Р No. 576/11 dated 10 February 2011 to practise the activities connected with the turnover of precursors (grantor of the licence – Committee for the Prevention and Control of Drug Turnover under the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan, validity period – up to 10 February 2016).