The Branch “Central Dispatching Administration (CDA)Head Branch of the Unified Power System of the Republic of Kazakhstan” of KEGOC JSC was renamed by the decision of Board of Directors of KEGOC JSC N 3 dated 1 December 2004 in “National Dispatching Centre of System Operator” - NDC SO (Certificate on accounting re-registration of branch N 1948-1910-Ф-лот dated 28 December 2004. Director of NDC SO is Mr. Nugmanov S.A.).
Nine regional dispatching centers (RDC) are in direct operative submission of NDC SO:
- Akmolinskiy RDC (Astana)
- Aktubinskiy RDC (Aktobe)
- Almatinskiy RDC (Almaty)
- Vostochny RDC (Ust-Kamenogorsk)
- Zapadny RDC (Atyrau)
- Kostanaiskiy RDC (Kostanai)
- Severny RDC (Ekibastuz)
- Tsentralny RDC (Karaganda)
- Yuzhny RDC (Shymkent)
The purposes of NDC SO’s activity are:
- Provide performance reliability of the Unified Power System (UPS) of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Provide parallel operation of UPS of the Republic of Kazakhstan with power systems of the adjoining countries.
- Provide quality of electric energy according to the requirements of normatives.
- Subject of activity of NDC SO’s branch is:
- Centralized operational dispatch management by the modes of electric energy production, transmission and consumption in UPS of Kazakhstan;
- Modes control for interstate electric energy overflows;
- Provide prevention, localization and liquidation of technological infringements in UPS of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Operational management of reserve power in UPS of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Definition of structure, principles, location places, volumes and installation of relay protection systems, automatic protective devices and operating automation, providing reliable and steady work of UPS of the Republic of Kazakhstan.