Kazakhstan Electricity Grid Operating Company (KEGOC) JSC was founded on 28 September 1996 and re-registered in the Justice Department of Astana on 21 October 2004.
Until 2006 state owned 100% of KEGOC shares. In 2006 the state stock (100%) was transferred to Samruk Kazakhstan Holding for Management of State Assets JSC in payment for the placed shares. In 2008 the merger of Kazyna Sustainable Development Fund and Samruk Kazakhstan Holding for Management of State Assets has established Samruk-Kazyna National Welfare Fund JSC, which became a successor of Samruk Kazakhstan Holding for Management of State Assets. Thus currently 100% of KEGOC shares are owned by Samruk-Kazyna National Welfare Fund JSC.
The main objective of Samruk-Kazyna National Welfare Fund is to: support the sustainable development of national economy; support modernization and diversification of economy; improvement of effectiveness in companies.
Main goal of the Fund activity is to control blocks of shares (participation shares), belonging to it on an ownership basis, in national development institutes, national companies and other legal entities for maximizing their long-term value and improving на мировых рынках.
The main principles of Fund activity are as follows:
1. serving the interests of state as a sole shareholder of the Fund;
2. transparency, efficiency and flexibility of Fund and companies activities;
3. consistency and promptness in decisions taking and their implementation;
4. responsibility and accountability
The main directions of Fund activity are as follows:
1. assistance in national economy modernization and diversification;
2. assistance in national economy stabilization;
3. improving efficiency of companies activity.
More info: www.samruk-kazyna.kz