Moinak Electricity Transmission Project (completed 2012);
The aim of Moinak Electricity Transmission Project is to deliver electricity from 300 MW Moinak hydro power plant (HPP) into the grid to reduce electricity deficit, cover peak load, and ensure the reliability of power supply to consumers of Almaty oblast and the city of Almaty.
Project implementation period: 2010-2012
Project cost: KZT 9.8 billion (USD 44.7 million of IBRD loan)
- Construct 220 kV OSG of Moinak HPP;
- Extend 220 kV OSG at 220/110/10 kV Robot SS;
- Extend 220 kV OSG at 220/110/10 kV Shelek SS;
- Construct 220 kV OHTL Moinak HPP - 220 kV Shelek (97.73 km);
- Construct 220 kV OHTL Moinak HPP - 220 kV Robot (227.78 km);
- Construct two OHTL Moinak HPP - OSG Moinak HPP (circuit 1 - 0.484 km, circuit 2 - 0.553 km).
Current status of the project:
All project components have been put into operation