Kazakhstan Electricity Grid Operating Company (KEGOC) joint-stock company (hereinafter referred to as 'KEGOC') with the executive office located at: 59 Tauyelsizdik Ave, city of Nur-Sultan, Republic of Kazakhstan in accordance with the decision of the Board of Directors of KEGOC dated 19 March 2021 (Minutes No. 3) hereby notifies of convocation of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of KEGOC by mixed voting
The Board of Directors of KEGOC initiated the convocation of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders.
The General Meeting of Shareholders will be held on 27 April 2021 at 11:30 AM at: assembly hall, 59 Tauyelsizdik Ave, Nur-Sultan, Republic of Kazakhstan, Registration of the participants of the General Meeting of Shareholders will take place from 09:30 AM until 11:00 AM on 27 April 2021.
If the quorum is not present, the repeated General Meeting of Shareholders will be held on 28 April 2021 at 11:30 AM at the above address. Registration of the participants of the repeated General Meeting of Shareholders will take place from 09:30 AM until 11:00 AM on 28 April 2021.
The date to start the submission of the absentee voting ballots is 18 April 2021.
The deadline for submission of absentee voting ballots is 27 April 2021.
The date of absentee votes counting is 27 April 2021.
The date for finalization of the list of shareholders, who may participate in General meeting of shareholders, is 22 April 2021.
If the list of shareholders authorized to participate and vote at the General Meeting of Shareholders has been completed and a person included into this list has sold thereafter his/her voting shares of KEGOC to another person, then this new shareholder shall receive the right to take part in the General Meeting of Shareholders. The new shareholder shall submit documents certifying the ownership of the shares.
Agenda of the General Meeting of Shareholders:
- Approve the annual financial statements, distribution of the net income, decision to pay dividends on ordinary shares and approve the amount of the dividend per one ordinary share of KEGOC for 2020;
- determine the number of members, terms of office of KEGOC's Board of Directors, elect its members and the chairman, and determine the rates and terms of remuneration and compensation of expenses for the members of KEGOC's Board of Directors in fulfilment of their duties;
- Review claims from the shareholders in relation to activities of KEGOC and its officers and results of consideration of such claims (if any);
The agenda materials for the General Meeting of Shareholders will be available for the shareholders since 17 April 2021 on the corporate web site www.kegoc.kz in the following section: 'Investors and Shareholders' - 'Information Disclosure' - 'General Meetings’ - ‘2021’.
The manner and procedures for absentee voting:
- shareholders who send an absentee voting ballot shall indicate their last name, first name and patronymic (if any)/name of the legal entity, the number of voting shares and select one of the voting options;
- an absentee ballot must be signed by a shareholder - an individual (or representative of such individual) - and include the details of the identity document of such individual.;
- an absentee voting ballot is placed on the Company's website in the section 'Investors and Shareholders' - 'Information Disclosure' - 'General Meetings' - ‘2021’;
- an absentee voting ballot of the shareholder - a legal entity - shall be signed by its head (or his/her substitute) and sealed (if the legal entity has a seal) by such legal entity. If the absentee voting ballot has been signed by the shareholder's representative, a copy of the power of attorney or other document confirming authority of the shareholder's representative shall be attached to the absent voting ballot;
- if a ballot is unsigned by an individual shareholder or, in case of a legal entity shareholder, unsigned by the shareholder's head (or his/her substitute) and unsealed by a legal entity (if the legal entity has a seal), than such ballot shall be considered invalid;
- only one of the voting options shall be checked on the ballot;
- an absentee voting ballot must be received at email@example.com or delivered by courier to KEGOC's office at: 59 Tauyelsizdik Avenue, city of Nur-Sultan, Republic of Kazakhstan, from 17 to 27 April 2021.
Other issues regarding the procedure of the General Meeting of Shareholders are stipulated by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan On Joint-Stock Companies, the Charter and the Regulations on the General Meeting of KEGOC Shareholders.
The Meeting shall be held in accordance with Article 35-52 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan On Joint-Stock Companies.
For any questions regarding the agenda materials and the arrangement of the General Meeting of Shareholders please call in working time: +7 (7172) 690 298, 690 297 or post your question on the blog of the Chairman of KEGOC’s Management Board at www.kegoc.kz.