Kazakhstan Electricity Grid Operating Company (KEGOC) joint-stock company (hereinafter referred to as 'KEGOC') with the executive office located at: 59 Tauyelsizdik Ave, city of Nur-Sultan, Republic of Kazakhstan in accordance with the decision of the Board of Directors of KEGOC dated 19 March 2020 (Minutes No. 3) hereby notifies of convocation of the extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders of KEGOC using absentee voting.
The extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders is initiated by the Board of Directors of KEGOC.
The start and end date for submission of the ballots of absentee voting is 24 April 2020.
The date of calculation of the results of absentee voting is 27 April 2020.
The deadline for finalization of the list of shareholders, who may participate in General meeting of shareholders, is 13 April 2020.
If the list of shareholders authorized to participate and vote at the General Meeting of Shareholders has been completed and a person included into this list has sold thereafter his/her voting shares of KEGOC to another person, then this new shareholder shall receive the right to take part in the General Meeting of Shareholders. The new shareholder shall submit documents certifying the ownership of the shares.
Agenda of the General Meeting of Shareholders:
'Election of a member of KEGOC's Board of Directors, determination of the term of office, the salary and terms of remuneration and compensation of expenses for the member of KEGOC's Board of Directors.
The agenda materials for the General Meeting of Shareholders will be available for the shareholders since 17 April 2020 on the corporate web site www.kegoc.kz in the section 'Investors and Shareholders' -'Information Disclosure' - 'General Meetings' - 2020.
The manner and procedures for absentee voting:
- shareholders who send an absentee voting ballot shall indicate their last name, first name and patronymic (if any)/name of the legal entity, the number of voting shares and select one of the voting options;
- If a shareholder is an individual, the absentee voting ballot must be signed by such individual (representative of such individual) and include the details of the identity document of such individual/representative.
- the absentee voting ballot is posted on the corporate website of KEGOC at: Investors and Shareholders / Disclosure of Information / General Meetings section of the company’s website;
- If a shareholder is a legal entity, the absentee voting ballot shall be signed by the head of legal entity (or his/her substitute) and sealed (if available) by such legal entity. In case of signing the absentee ballot by the shareholder’s representative, a copy of the power of attorney or other document confirming the authority of the shareholder’s representative shall be attached to the absentee ballot;
The absentee voting ballot shall be considered invalid if unsigned by an individual shareholder or the head of a legal entity shareholder (or his/her substitute) and unsealed by such legal entity (if it has a seal);
- only one of the voting options shall be marked on the absentee voting ballot;
- the absentee voting ballot shall be submitted by mail (email@example.com) or by courier to KEGOC's office at: 59 Tauyelsizdіk Avenue, city of Nur-Sultan, Republic of Kazakhstan, on 24 April 2020.
Other issues regarding the procedure of the General Meeting of Shareholders are stipulated by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan On Joint-Stock Companies, the Charter and the Regulations on the General Meeting of KEGOC Shareholders.
The Meeting shall be held in accordance with Article 35-52 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan On Joint-Stock Companies.
For any questions regarding the agenda materials and the arrangement of the General Meeting of Shareholders please call in the working time: +7 (7172) 690 298, 690 297, or post your question on the blog of the Chairman of KEGOC’s Management Board at www.kegoc.kz.