On 19 September 2016 the opening ceremony of XIII International competition was hold to test the professional skill of electric power industry experts from CIS member states – International competition of 110 kV and higher substations repair and maintenance teams. The official event was attended by Yevgeny Mishuk, Chairman of the CIS Electric Power Council and Bakytzhan Kazhiyev, Chairman of the Management Board of KEGOC.
This year the competing teams are from Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Russia and Uzbekistan. Kazakhstan will be represented by a team of power engineers from Akmolinskiye MES branch of KEGOC. In addition, representatives of Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Ukraine will participate in the competition as observers.
The competition will be held in the training area of KEGOC (Akmola Oblast, Makinsk). Within four days, teams will pass six stages and shall demonstrate:
- knowledge of existing rules and regulations;
- skills of the equipment heat monitoring;
- skills during repair and adjustment works on 110 kV disconnectors;
- skills for maintenance of 220 kV sealed high voltage bushing;
- fire-fighting in 10 kV metal-clad switchgear;
- the ability to separate the person from the source of electric current and render assistance to the injured (using a dummy and resuscitation simulator).
Summarizing and rewarding the winners will take place on 23 September.
We shall note that in 2015 the international competition was hold in Brest (the Republic of Belarus), when KEGOC team ranked second in the team evaluation, first in knowledge quiz of existing rules, regulations and standards, second in replacing defective conductor tension insulators, type PS160 No.10-11, on the anchor tower type U-36 M at 220 kV transmission line using the platform and third in replacing defective conductor suspension insulators, type PSD70 No.12-13, on suspension tower, type PB220-1 at 220 kV transmission line with an mounting ladder and the platform.
The international competition of professional skill of the electricity industry personnel from the CIS member states has been holding annually since 2004. KEGOC hosts the power engineers competition for the second time. The first international competition on the basis of the System Operator was held in 2009 in Makinsk.
Kazakhstan (KEGOC) team results in the international competitions of power engineers
• International competition to test the professional skills of power system dispatchers. Russian Federation, Moscow, 2004 - ranked second.
• International competitions of specialists operating 110 kV and higher OHTL. Republic of Belarus, Brest, 2005 - ranked second.
• International competition of the personnel operating the 110 kV and higher substation equipment. Russian Federation, Zheleznovodsk, 2006 - ranked second.
• International competitions of specialists operating 110 kV and higher OHTL. Republic of Ukraine, Vinnitsa, 2008 - ranked forth.
• International competition of the personnel operating 110 kV and higher substation equipment. Republic of Kazakhstan, Makinsk, 2009 - ranked first.
• International competition of 110 kV and higher OHTL repair and maintenance teams. Republic of Belarus, Brest, 2015 - ranked second.
59, Tauyelzisdik Ave., Almaty District, Astana,
Republic of Kazakhstan, 010010
Phone: +7 (7172) 690-468, +7 (7172) 690-203
Fax: +7 (7172) 690-455
KEGOC is the System Operator of Unified Power System of Kazakhstan, and it owns and manages the assets of the National Power Grid (NPG). The company is the natural monopoly. It owns about 24.9 thousand km of 35-1150 kV electricity transmission lines and 77 electrical substations with 36.2 GVA of installed transformer capacity. These lines and substations form the NPG. The company employs more than 4.8 thousand people. More detailed information about the Company is available at its corporate website: www.kegoc.kz.