Notice of holding an extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders of KEGOC on 26 September 2023
Kazakhstan Electricity Grid Operating Company (KEGOC) joint-stock company (hereinafter referred to as 'KEGOC') with the executive office located at: 59 Tauyelsizdik Ave, Almaty District, Astana, Republic of Kazakhstan in accordance with the decision of the Board of Directors of KEGOC dated 25 August 2023 (Minutes No. 9) hereby notifies of convocation of the extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders of KEGOC (hereinafter - the General Meeting of Shareholders).
The General Meeting of Shareholders is called by the Board of Directors of KEGOC.
The General Meeting of Shareholders will be held on 26 September 2023 at 11:30 AM at: assembly hall, 59 Tauyelsizdik Ave, Astana, Republic of Kazakhstan.
Registration of the participants of the General Meeting of Shareholders will take place from 09:30 AM until 11:00 AM on 26 September 2023.
If there is no quorum, the repeated General Meeting of Shareholders will be held on 27 September 2023 at 11:30 AM at the above address.
Registration of the participants of the repeated General Meeting of Shareholders will take place from 09:30 AM until 11:00 AM on 27 September 2023.
The date for finalization of the list of shareholders entitled to participate in the General Meeting of Shareholders is 1 September 2023.
If the list of shareholders authorized to participate and vote at the General Meeting of Shareholders has been completed and a person included into this list has sold thereafter his/her voting shares of KEGOC to another person, then this new shareholder shall receive the right to take part at the General Meeting of Shareholders. The new shareholder shall submit documents certifying the ownership of the shares.
The Board of Directors of KEGOC has preliminarily formed the following agenda for the General Meeting of Shareholders:
- Approval of the interim financial statements of KEGOC as of and for the six months ended 30 June 2023, the procedure for distributing the net income, decision to pay dividends on ordinary shares and approval of the amount of dividend per one ordinary share of KEGOC for H1 2023;
- Amendments to the Dividend Policy of KEGOC;
- Placements within the limits of the authorized shares of KEGOC;
- Approval of amendments to KEGOC's Charter;
The agenda materials for the General Meeting of Shareholders will be available for the shareholders on 15 September 2023 onwards from 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM on working days at the following address: 59 Tauyelsizdik Ave, Astana, 010010, Republic of Kazakhstan, offices No. 901 and 917 and also on the corporate web site www.kegoc.kz in 'Investors and shareholders' section.
- before the opening of the General Meeting of Shareholders, the person entitled to participate and vote at the General Meeting of Shareholders shall pass a formal registration in accordance with the procedure specified herein;
- a shareholder (a representative of a shareholder) who failed to register shall not be counted when determining a quorum and shall not have the right to participate in voting;
- to register as a participant of the General Meeting of Shareholders, a shareholder - an individual shall present his/her identity card or another identification document;
- a representative of an individual shareholder shall submit a power of attorney issued under the established procedure and his/her identity card. A representative of an institutional shareholder shall submit a power of attorney stamped by the institutional shareholder and his/her identity card. The representative shall submit the original power of attorney and hand a copy of it over to the registrar;
- if the sole executive will participate at the General Meeting of Shareholders on behalf of an institutional shareholder, then such executive shall submit relevant documents certifying his/her appointment or election to the executive position and his/her identity card;
- a person, who, according to the laws of Kazakhstan or a contract, has the right to act without a power of attorney on behalf of a shareholder and to represent its interests, is not required to have a power of attorney to participate in the General Meeting of Shareholders and to vote on agenda issues;
People other than those invited and not representing shareholders may not be present at the General Meeting of Shareholders, unless it is otherwise established by the decision of the General Meeting of Shareholders held in presentia;
The General Meeting of Shareholders shall have the right to consider and make decisions on agenda issues, if, upon completion of registration of the participants of the General Meeting of Shareholders, the Company’s shareholders or their representatives registered in the list hold in aggregate fifty (50) and more percent of the Company's voting shares.
Other issues regarding the procedure of the General Meeting of Shareholders are stipulated by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan ‘On Joint-Stock Companies’, the Charter and the Regulations on the General Meeting of KEGOC Shareholders.
The Meeting shall be held in accordance with Article 35-37, 39-48, 50-52 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Joint-Stock Companies”.
For any questions regarding the agenda materials and the arrangement of the General Meeting of Shareholders please call in working hours: +7 (7172) 690 298, 690 297 or post your question on the blog of the Chairman of KEGOC’s Management Board at www.kegoc.kz.