To reflect the development and transformation of the energy system, ensuring decarbonization and sustainable economic growth of Kazakhstan, the strategic vision of the Company “Leader in the electric power industry, contributing to the future energy system and the market changes in the context of an energy transition; and to the development of a sustainable electricity system through infrastructure planning and clean energy development.”
Mission of the Company - Ensure reliability, availability and advanced development of the energy system of Kazakhstan.
In accordance with the mission of the Company, the following strategic areas of activity have been identified:
1. Provide quality system services The goal is to ensure the transmission, balancing and technical dispatching of electrical energy.
2. Increase in the net asset value. The goal is financial stability, identification of a portfolio of projects and initiatives, implementation of large investment and profitable projects, including advanced clean technology and digitalisation projects, reduction of own carbon footprint and improvement of corporate governance taking into account ESG principles.
The Vision and the Mission will be achieved through strategic goals and objectives set for each goal:
Goal 1: Ensure reliable operation of the Kazakhstan UPS in an energy transition environment
1. Deliver functions of the System Operator of Kazakhstan UPS.
2. Outstripping development of NPG of Kazakhstan, effective integration of 15% renewable energy sources target.
3. Implementation of modern innovative and digital technologies, Smart Grid.
Goal 2: Ensure sustainable development based on ESG principles
1. Reduce carbon footprint.
2. Develop human capital.
3. Enhance corporate governance.
4. Improvement of occupational safety system.
Goal 3: Increase in the net asset value.
1. Strengthen financial stability.
2. Development of new types of business.
3. Develop international cooperation.